Master Class: Tuesday 22 July 2014, 1.00 - 5.00 pm
'How Country Cultures Impact Business Performance in Asia'
Presenting: Pamela Young, author and Managing Director of growthcurv
Workshop registration: 12.30pm (for 1.00pm start)
Location: 10 Collyer Quay, #30-00 Ocean Financial Centre, Singapore 049315
Networking cocktails: 5.30 - 7.30 pm
Both events are hosted by ANZ and Herbert Smith Freehills
Who is this workshop for?
This interactive workshop is for Singaporean, Australian and other expatriate leaders and managers wanting to better understand the different cultures they work with each day, and know how to benefit from the diversity they encounter. It is for CEOs, Country Heads, divisional leaders, Group HR executives and others who want to develop broad cross-cultural relationships that work effectively from country to country.
In this interactive half-day workshop Pamela will present cases and examples from Stepping Up's research to demonstrate the benefits of cultural diversity and how it can aid or inhibit your productivity and growth.
The 100 leaders who contributed to the book's research identified with the following 21 cultures: Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Kenya, Malta, England, Ireland, Italy, Greece, Poland, Germany, Norway, Russia, America, India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia and Vietnam.
What are the take-homes?
Workshop participants will gain a deeper understanding of:
- How country cultures form and which ones are better prepared for conducting cross-border, regional and global business…and why?
- The unique features of your own leadership culture and knowing how it positively and negatively affects your performance
- What does ‘good diversity’ look like and how does broader diversity in companies and teams improve cross-border business performance and growth?
- How do we as global leaders identify, challenge and change our out-dated assumptions and attitudes about people from other cultures and nations? (e.g. those affecting diversity)
- How can we help lead a change in country culture to boost cultural diversity and gender equality in the workplace to increase productivity and performance?
Your Workshop Presenter: Global executive and change agent
Pamela Young, author of Stepping Up, Managing Director of growthcurv (Australia), and former Executive Director of Shook Lin & Bok (Singapore), will present the research findings of her book combined with 28 years of experience that includes the following:
- she has worked in Asia, Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, continental Europe and the USA
- her work involves the formulation of growth strategies for developing leaders, expanding markets, transforming organisations, changing cultures and directing M&A integration
- she has worked with global companies such as PwC, KPMG, Freshfield Bruckhaus Derringer, Russell McVeagh, Barclays Bank, Macquarie Bank, Zurich Financial Services, Fletcher Challenge, Fairfax Media, ACP Magazines, and Beca Group
Pamela’s workshops are highly interactive and problem-solving in nature. Your will be invited to share your issues and frameworks will be presented to help you identify solutions in discussion with other attendees.
Pamela's testimonies talk of her passion, inventive ideas and formidable leadership.
This learning will help strengthen Australasia-Asia business
For many years, Asian nations have sought foreign investment and skills to help them meet development and growth targets. Now the situation has reversed. Nations outside of Asia, especially developed Western nations, want greater access to Asia’s higher growth rates to help meet their own growth ambitions.
One of the biggest challenges that Eastern and Western people experience when working together is appreciating the differences between their very different cultures, and knowing how to build and manage relationships. The gap is narrowed, and fuels growth and improves performance, when people from each cultural group achieve understanding, then modify their teams and behaviours to suit the diversity of the group.
What will you gain from Stepping Up? (your free copy)
Stepping Up reports the first ever in-depth qualitative research of opinions of 100 leaders working in 16 cities across Australia and Asia and highlights what it takes to be effective in the Asian century. Their opinions are influenced by their work in global companies such as ANZ, IBM, McDonalds, E&Y, Citi Group, Merrill Lynch, King Wood Mallesons, BP, Arup, Macquarie Bank, Shell, Coca-Cola Amatil, Woolworths, Goldman Sachs, Spencer Stuart and AMP.
The Master Class will help leaders appreciate how country, organisation and individual cultures can aid or inhibit economic performance and social development. Read a free chapter here 'The Asian Opportunity'
Location and Fees - see EARLY BIRD discount
- The Master Class fee (RRP SGD$495). EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT 10%: Pay only SGD$445
- Group bookings: An extra 10% discount is offered for all groups (4 or more) - please email us for the discount code
- A personally signed copy of Stepping Up is provided at no charge
- Master Class Address: 10 Collyer Quay, #30-00 Ocean Financial Centre, Singapore 049315
Bookings and inquiries
Or you can book by phone - call our Singapore Event Manager, Ken Hickson on +65 8139 7472
Inquiries to Singapore Information Desk - email your inquiry or call Ken Hickson on +65 8139 7472
For further information:
- Pamela Young: author and Managing Director, growthcurv, mobile +612 421 861 364
- June Ong: ANZ Marketing Director - Institutional & Commercial Marketing, Sponsorship +65 9159 8331
- Edwina Sullivan: HSF Business Development Manager, South East Asia +65 9644 8260