What a day!
Great pilot, thanks everyone!
Fabulous collaboration within the group
Enormous energy in the room
Compelling 100-Day plans prepared by all
'Going Global or Accessing Asia?' was held in Sydney in February
Key learnings: participating executives said...
- Very relevant opening session with facts to validate why we are all here
- Good opening to the day with practical examples and analogies that became useful later in the day
- The rise, fall and rise (again) of Asian economies was useful to understand
- Reinforced the idea of being courageous, prepared and open-minded when going global
- That having a clear focus on going global and being adequately equipped is very important
- I now see the opportunity beyond Australian shores and liked the steps about how to breakdown fears
- Excellent opening on our journey to accessing Asia
- Helped me crystallise my views on strategy
- Excellent examples and insights of market opportunities for Australian skills in Asia
- Excellent and dynamic strategy session; identified on-point market opportunities and trends
- Partnerships rather than organic growth work in Asia
- Discussion about the markets was very informative and interesting
- Eye-opening strategy session on current global markets
- Really enjoyed the cross-cultural discussion; a key learning was awareness
- I learned that we all have some unconscious bias
- Excellent insight in to 'myself' - I'm mentally ready to work through the changes I need to make
- Great tips for working with multi-cultural teams
- Reinforced that integrity, humility and inquisitiveness are important global leadership attributes
- Breakout sessions gave good time to reflect on what we learned and put them into action
- So many different perspectives gained from a variety of industries (in the room)
- The discussions focussed me on different perspectives and challenges that our society is facing
- Good interaction from so many, diverse industry participants
- I noticed how multicultural Australia really is!
- Speakers engaged with audience well, which added to the experience
- It made me realise that my knowledge of Asia should be an area of more focus
- So many good ideas, needed more time!
- The panel was great - interesting stories and valuable practical lessons
- Very good individual experiences from the panel; always relevant
- She ensured we had achievable objectives in our 100-Day Plans...and practical steps for implementation
- Huge enthusiasm for 'global' (in the room)
February participants return on 25 May to share progress on their 100-Day Plans
Each participating executive is returning for an evening to share progress on their individual 100-Day Plan. All speakers will be present to comment and answer questions throughout the 90 minute feedback session. The evening will end with Networking Drinks sponsored by Corrs Chambers Westgarth.